Elino built his own helicopter in Brazil

 Audacious, Elino built his own helicopter that even "has already left the ground"

That's right, Elino is assembling alone with iron parts a helicopter that has already left the ground

If you've ever been face to face with the balloon priest, who became famous after disappearing into the sky in his infamous helium gas balloon and never returned, you will be scared by the audacity of the tile artist Elino da Silva, 48 years old.

He made his home, in Jardim Presidente, a hangar where he keeps his private helicopter. That's right, Elino is alone assembling a helicopter that has already left the ground.

I saw videos on the internet of people assembling homemade helicopters, flying like a beetle. So, I researched structure and decided to venture out. I learned everything the hard way,” she says.

All of this started two years ago and has already cost around R$10,000 in the tile artist's pocket. The structure is ready: they have propellers, transmission and even an engine.

“I had first installed a less powerful 120-cc engine. But he was too weak and merged. So I bought this more powerful one, with 450 cylinders, which is enough to take the aircraft off the ground”, says Elino about the engine that cost R$ 3,500 and was dismantled at the time of the interview.

The material used in the structure has changed over time . Elino didn't know anything, he used some materials that proved to be inefficient at the beginning and, with the tests, they had to be modified. Now the entire structure is massive.

“I went to the junkyard and had help from Mr. Pedro from recycling here in the neighborhood. Everyone wanted to say what material I needed to use, but I used what I wanted according to the tests I did."

In the first test, the helicopter left the ground 40 centimeters. For now, it just goes up and down. Elino has never worked in aviation before, everything he knows about flying he learned on his own. About the possibility of an accident that leads him to the same fate as the balloon priest, the tile artist is assertive.

“I am not afraid of death. I put faith in the screw I put in and I still weld everything. Anyway, both as a tiler and working here from the helicopter, I have to be precise, any millimeter makes a difference,” she says.

Called “crazy”, Elino is a neighborhood attraction. Every time he auditions outside his house, he kicks everyone out. “I put some cones on the street and start the engine. I don't even need to call anyone, just with the noise of the engine everyone appears”.

The dreamer says that he has no deadline to finish and has a very flexible limit to spend. "No more than R$ 100 thousand is great".

With a proud smile, he says that everything is a weekend hobby, it's something “to play at being a bird”, he concludes. - CREDITO: CAMPO GRANDE NEWS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog